20 Examples of Nouns In Sentences | Nouns Sentences Examples
What Is a Noun In English?
Nouns are words that represent people, places, things, or ideas. Everything we can see or talk about is represented by a word. That word is called a “noun”. It’s usually a single word, but not always: boy, dog, table, bottle, school bus, and face mask, are all nouns.
Different types of nouns
- Common Nouns – boy, apple, student
- Proper Nouns – Rohan, India, Delhi
- Singular Nouns – sister, girl, teacher
- Plural Nouns – animals, trees, dogs
- Concrete Nouns – boy, tablet, computer
- Abstract Nouns – wisdom, friendship, success
- Countable Nouns – book, bottle, room
- Uncountable Nouns – water, rice, oil
- Collective Nouns – team, class, company
- Compound Nouns – haircut, birthday, firemen
- Possessive Nouns – dog’s, car’s, friend’s
20 Examples of Nouns In Sentences
Below are 20 examples of nouns in Sentences. Nouns given in each sentence are marked with blue color.
1. You’re such a cute boy.
2. She is the girl I like best.
3. He took a bite of my apple.
4. This chair is very comfortable.
5. He looks like your brother.
6. I need to buy some vegetables.
7. I thought this was your house.
8. She went with him to the zoo.
9. Where are you from in Canada?
10. I don’t want to go to school.
11. My little daughter is so naughty.
12. I have already eaten my food.
13. I want to buy some new clothes.
14. You shouldn’t swim in that river.
15. He bought a beautiful gift for her.
16. I read about it in the newspaper.
17. He has studied Chinese for years.
18. There is a small pond in our garden.
19. Keep the child away from the fire.
20. Kate wants to become a teacher.