20 Examples of Common Nouns In Sentences, Common Nouns Exercises with Answers
What Is a Common Noun?
A common noun is used to name general things, places, ideas, events, or people. such as – boy, girl, man, dog, cat, woman, mother, doctor, student, city, country, animal, telephone, cookies, chair, month, week, etc. See More Examples of Common Nouns.
A common noun always begins with a lowercase letter unless it is at the beginning of a sentence.
20 Examples of Common Nouns
Below are 20 examples of common nouns in Sentences. Common nouns given in each sentence are marked with blue color.
1. Their little boy is so naughty.
2. I do not like to eat apples.
3. She is like a sister to me.
4. Suman is a smart girl.
5. He is a student of Delhi University.
6. She is my favorite singer.
7. Which book are you looking for?
8. Aarti ate all the chocolate.
9. I read about it in the newspaper.
10. Can you catch the butterfly?
11. She was at home last Sunday.
12. Have you fed the cat yet?
13. He decided to rent the house.
14. Where did you go to college?
15. There is no food left to eat.
16. He picked up his bag and left.
17. He tapped her on the shoulder.
18. His real name is John Trent.
19. I saw him going to a shop.
20. We are going to the cinema.
Common Nouns Exercises with Answers
Given below are 10 sentences of common nouns. In these, you have to identify the common noun. Their answers are given below.
- Children are playing outside.
- I had to buy a new refrigerator.
- We watched the movie together.
- Rahul is her real brother.
- I love this beautiful city.
- Where did you get this flower?
- The machine is not working properly.
- She painted a beautiful picture.
- Rohit called me on the phone.
- I like to play basketball.
100 Examples of Common Nouns In English