20 Examples of Countable Nouns In Sentences | Countable Nouns Sentences Examples
What Is a Countable Noun?
Countable nouns also called count nouns, are nouns that can be counted in numbers (1, 2, 3, 4…). A countable noun can have both singular and plural forms (eg: boy/boys, cat/cats). Whereas an uncountable noun does not have a plural form. They are always in the singular form.
Examples of countable nouns are cat, tree, school, friend, pencil, mango, dog, bird, man, person, bottle, table, coin, chair, fan, cup, plate, spoon, bag, room, suitcase, plane, car, etc.
Read this: 100 Examples of Countable Noun
20 Examples of Countable Nouns In Sentences
1. I searched everywhere for the book.
2. She filled the bottle with water.
3. It’s always cold in this room.
4. He qualified as a doctor last year.
5. She dipped his finger in the hot water.
6. The whole park is spoiled by litter.
7. The plane took off at 11:30 a.m.
8. Her lies hurt my mother deeply.
9. Did you like my new computer?
10. I think the engine is overheating.
11. She always sits in that chair.
12. The film will be screened next week.
13. He used the gun in self-defense.
14. He saved the boy from drowning.
15. She’s studying to become a teacher.
16. The wind blew out the candle.
17. It is the world’s longest bridge.
18. The school has a special education unit.
19. The child was coughing all night.
20. This part of the country is still backward.