Definition Of Common Noun
A common noun is used to name general things, places, ideas, events, or people. such as – boy, man, girl, doctor, teacher, washerman, students, country, city, street, animal, fan, mobile, cookies, year, month, week, etc.
Common Noun Examples
- The teacher read a long story.
- The new movie starts tomorrow.
- There was a magician at the party.
- He saved the child from drowning.
- Rohan is like his father in looks.
- She goes to a vocational school.
- The car is in very good condition.
- He was munching on an apple.
- I didn’t get a seat on the bus.
- He jumped up out of his chair.
- Bob is as clever as his brother Tom.
- The lion is the king of the jungle.
- Kathy was praised by her teacher.
- Let’s go for a walk in the park.
- June is the sixth month of the year.
Common Noun Worksheet
Definition Of Proper Noun
A proper noun is a special name given to a common noun. The first letter of a proper noun is always capital. Such as John, India, Italy, London, Tommy, March, Sunday, Monday, Audi, Google, Yahoo, Burger King, etc.
|Common Noun||Proper Noun|
|People||John, Bob, Mr. Brown, Dr. Slayer|
|Place||India, Italy, Disneyland|
|Car||Toyota Corolla, Audi, BMW|
|Festival||New Year, Christmas, Diwali|
|Building||Red Fort, Lotus Temple,|
|School||Little Flower High School|
|River||Ganga, Yamuna, Nile|
|Movie||Harry Potter, Spider-Man|
Proper Noun Examples
- I should like to know Mr. John.
- I saw Bob in town with his girlfriend.
- In India, the cow is a sacred animal.
- May is the fifth month of the year.
- At the zoo, we saw a tiger named Blair.
- Kathy and I have never lived apart.
- She goes to church every Sunday.
- He is teaching English in this school.
- We went to Italy on our honeymoon.
- We went to Rose Park to play baseball.
- I like the new Audi in terms of styling.
- My favorite singer is Taylor Swift.
- She is studying at Oxford University.
- She is going to Disneyland tomorrow.
- Did you see the movie, Forrest Gump?