The zero conditional is used to make statements about the real world, and often refers to general truths, such as scientific facts.
Form: If + simple present + simple present
Examples of zero conditional sentences
- If it rains, the ground gets wet.
- If you heat ice cream, it melts.
- If the cloud thunders, it rains.
- I feel healthier when I work out.
- If the wind blows, the trees move.
- You get wet if you stand in the rain.
- If you study grammar, it gets easier.
- If I get sick, I go to the doctor.
- If she calls me, I feel so happy.
- I get a stomach ache if I eat spicy food.