20 Examples of Conjunctive Adverbs In Sentences | Conjunctive Adverbs Sentences Examples
What Is a Conjunctive Adverb?
Conjunctive adverbs are adverbs that join independent clauses into one sentence. They provide a link to the previous sentence.
Conjunctive adverbs include: hence, however, besides, instead, anyway, nonetheless, furthermore, moreover, similarly, nevertheless, meanwhile, also, likewise, indeed, otherwise, therefore, etc.
Read this: 20 Examples of Adverbs of Frequency
20 Examples of Conjunctive Adverbs In Sentences
Below are 20 examples of Conjunctive Adverbs in Sentences. Conjunctive Adverbs given in each sentence are marked with red color.
1. It’s handmade and hence expensive.
2. He won’t win however hard he tries.
3. I don’t want to go, and besides, it’s too late.
4. Don’t marry John. Marry me instead.
5. I’m tired, but I’m going anyway.
6. Though he’s a fool, I like him nonetheless.
7. I don’t want to play, furthermore, I have no time to do so.
8. She is a teacher and, moreover, she is a good dancer.
9. He was late and I similarly was delayed.
10. I’m very tired; nevertheless, I went on walking.
11. I continued working, meanwhile, she went out shopping.
12. She’s a photographer and also writes books.
13. The food was excellent, likewise the wine.
14. I don’t mind at all. Indeed, I would be delighted to help.
15. Bob may not come, but Tom certainly will.
16. The next few days will undoubtedly prove crucial.
17. Of course, He is an excellent dancer.
18. My car broke down and consequently I was late.
19. We must hurry; otherwise, we’ll miss the train.
20. He was the only candidate; therefore, he was elected.