Definition of Reflexive Pronoun
Reflexive pronouns are used when the subject, as well as the object, is the same person. These reflexive pronouns always end in -self or -selves.
- -self is used when the subject is singular.
- -selves is used when the subject is plural.
There are nine reflexive pronouns
Reflexive Pronoun With Examples
- I made a coffee for myself.
- Rohan bought a pen for himself.
- We built a house for ourselves.
- You should take care of yourself.
- She introduced herself to the manager.
- The cat injured itself while jumping.
- We made ourselves a little house.
- They’ve bought themselves a new VCR.
- Did you make these pizzas yourselves?
Other Reflexive Pronoun With Examples
- I taught myself how to play the piano.
- Look at yourself in the mirror.
- He looked at himself in the mirror.
- She picked the best cake for herself.
- It is not good to think only of oneself.
- Have you written this letter yourself?
- The dog scratched itself behind the ear.
- A snake coiled itself around the branch.
- You need to take care of yourself more.
- I have to manage everything myself.
- I saw an elephant balance itself on a football.
- Tom exhausted himself by running all day.
- Mary imagined herself winning a beauty contest.