The sentence which gives command or advice to the listener is called an imperative sentence.
Examples of Imperative Sentence
- Don’t brush my shirt.
- Please show me your notebook.
- Put the clothes in the sun.
- Put on your shoes first.
- Do not behave like a child.
- Apply oil on your hair.
- Spread the sheet on the bed.
- Don’t lean against the wall.
- Keep the door partly open.
- Do not park your vehicle here.
- Don’t forget what I said.
- Take rest here tonight.
- Move the plates off the table.
- Please submit the document to me.
- Pour the tea into the cup.
- Call me when you get home.
- Please speak a little more slowly.
- Could you spell your name, please?
- Please maintain silence in the classroom.
- Go to market and bring some fruits.
- Please contact our agent in Italy for further information.