Simple Past Tense
The Simple past tense also known as Past Indefinite Tense is used to describe an action that was completed in the past. In other words, it began in the past and ended in the past.
Formula: Subject + V2 + Object.
Read this: 20 Examples of Past Continuous Tense
20 Sentences of Simple Past Tense Examples
1. The dog ran after the ball.
2. I found my lost money.
3. I didn’t see either boy.
4. This girl changed her look.
5. John married an older girl.
6. She took a bite of my apple.
7. Kate made an apple pie.
8. Why did you open the box?
9. I bought a bottle of milk.
10. Tom and I saw a lion yesterday.
11. Our car broke down last night.
12. My car ran out of fuel.
13. You did this intentionally!
14. I went to the airport by taxi.
15. Did you do your homework?
16. My sister became a teacher.
17. She brought me a glass of water.
18. The customer did not come.
19. I ordered a book from Amazon.
20. He wrote a book on politics.