20 Examples of Simple Past Tense Sentences
- She placed a book on the table.
- He saved the boy from drowning.
- I took your pen by mistake.
- I bought this beautiful pen.
- She went to the movie with Tom.
- Where did you learn to swim?
- We took the last train to Delhi.
- They went on a vacation to Disneyland.
- He did not come to school on Monday.
- Did you learn any first aid at school?
- I met a childhood friend yesterday.
- He dropped his briefcase on a chair.
- When did you return home last night?
- He climbed to the top of the hill.
- He removed the picture from the wall.
- She felt refreshed after her sleep.
- Bob became a doctor at the age of 26.
- I bought myself a new pair of shoes.
- Did you see the movie, Forest Gump?
- She invited me to her birthday party.
Read this: 50 Example For Present Perfect Tense
More Simple Past Tense Sentences
- The boy put the telephone out of order.
- We came by a longer route than usual.
- I gave each of the boys an apple.
- We rescued the boy who fell into the river.
- The sun came forth from behind the cloud.
- Their friendship lasted for twenty years.
- He did not know anybody at the party.
- We took a straightforward route to the beach.
- Why did you choose to live in Japan?
- I enjoyed every minute of the party.
- We reached Sydney early in the morning.
- We collected shells on the beach.
- Sarah closed the book and laid it aside.
- He started his political career as a student.
- He built a model ship out of wood.
- From whom did you receive these flowers?