What is a possessive adjective?
An adjective that shows the state of possession of nouns is known as a possessive adjective. Mainly Posse ssive adjectives are my, your, his, her, its, our, and their.
|My||This is my book.|
|Your (singular)||That is your car.|
|Your (plural)||Your country is poor.|
|His||His father was a doctor.|
|Her||She is excellent at her job.|
|Its||My dog is eating its food.|
|Our||She is our math teacher.|
|Their||Their car is very expensive.|
10 Examples Of Possessive Adjectives
- John drives his father’s new car.
- The baby laughed at my silly face.
- I’m sorry to hear about your mother.
- My elder sister is a reporter.
- Your car is very expensive.
- My sister likes to play with her teddy.
- Where should we go for our honeymoon?
- This city is famous for its apples.
- Their house is almost opposite ours.
- What is his role in this project?