What Is Common Noun?
A common noun is used to name general things, places, ideas, events, or people. such as – boy, girl, man, woman, teacher, doctor, students, city, country, animal, computer, cookies, chair, month, week, etc.
A common noun always begins with a lowercase letter unless it is at the beginning of a sentence.
Similar Article: 10 Examples of Collective Noun In A Sentence
10 Examples of Common Nouns
- We went to the zoo yesterday.
- She is going to the party.
- They read the book together.
- Can you catch the butterfly?
- I like these beautiful flowers.
- The film will release on Friday.
- Sarah called me on the phone.
- I am sick of eating chocolates.
- Canada is a beautiful country.
- Bob is packing for our vacation.
- The class starts at ten o’clock.
- My mum is at the post office.
- The dog ran away with the bread.
- There are many stars in the sky.
- My sister likes to eat hamburgers.