Vegetables Name in English
Vegetables are parts of plants that are eaten by humans or other animals as food. In today’s post (Vegetables Name In English) we will learn the names of vegetables in English.
Vegetables have a huge contribution to our healthy life. Vegetables are a balanced diet, they are rich in proteins, vitamins, and minerals. Many diseases can be avoided by eating them.
Vegetables Name in English Chart
Although vegetables are eaten only after cooking, there are many vegetables that can be eaten raw or in the form of salad. Regular consumption of vegetables gives us the ability to fight against diseases like cancer, heart disease, heat stroke, and high BP (high blood pressure). We get enough protein and minerals from vegetables.
Types of Vegetables with Examples
- Leafy Vegetables – lettuce, spinach, and silverbeet
- Cruciferous – cabbage, cauliflower, Brussels sprouts, and broccoli
- Marrow – pumpkin, cucumber, and zucchini
- Root Vegetables – potatoes, radishes, and turnips
- Allium – onion, garlic, and shallot.
|Vegetable Image||Vegetables Name English|
|Brinjal / Eggplant|
|Red bell pepper|
|Yellow bell pepper|
Read This: Fruits Name In English
10 Indian Vegetables Name in English
- Potato: Potato is one of the most widely cultivated crops, and one of the cheapest foods consumed worldwide. Potatoes are excellent sources of starch, vitamins, minerals, and fiber. There are approximately 77 calories from 100 grams of Potato. They contain little fat (only 0.1 g per 100 g) and no cholesterol.
- Pumpkin: Pumpkin fruit is one of the widely grown vegetables that is incredibly rich in important antioxidants and vitamins. Although it is low in calories, yet it is rich in Vitamin-A and antioxidants.
- Tomato: The scientific name of the tomato is Solanum lycopersicum and it is a member of the Solanaceae family. Tomato is rich in calcium, phosphorus, and vitamin C. Tomato is very beneficial for the body. This cures many diseases. Tomato removes disease bacteria from the body, especially from the kidney.
- Capsicum: Capsicum is a vegetable that can be eaten in the form of salad and vegetables. Capsicum is found in three colors red, green, and yellow. No matter what color capsicum is, it is full of vitamin C and vitamin A.
- Cauliflower: Cauliflower is considered beneficial not only for taste but also for health. Cauliflower contains nutrients like protein, calcium, phosphorus, vitamins A’, and ‘C’ and nicotinic acid. Cholesterol levels can be kept under control by consuming cauliflower.
- Beetroot: Beetroot is a vegetable that is considered very beneficial for health. You can consume beetroot juice to keep your stomach healthy during the summer season. Many types of vitamins, minerals, and antioxidants are found in beetroot, which can help in keeping the stomach clean.
- Carrot: Carrot is called the superfood of winter. It is not only tasty to eat but is also rich in many nutrients. Carrots contain all the essential vitamins and minerals like Vitamin A, K, C, potassium, fiber, calcium and iron.
- Onion: Onion is used in almost every household. Often onion is used to make the vegetable tasty. Vitamin A, B6, B-complex and C are found in abundance in onions. Onion also contains minerals like iron, folate and potassium in sufficient quantity.
- Lady finger: Lady finger also has an important place in vegetables. It is very beneficial for health. Many types of nutrients and proteins are present in it. It contains protein, fat, fiber, carbohydrate, calcium, phosphorus, iron magnesium, potassium and sodium.
- Spinach: Spinach is a green leafy vegetable that is often found in abundance in winter. Spinach is very beneficial for health. Spinach is rich in vitamins, calories, protein, carbohydrates, fat, fiber, and mineral salts. It is also helpful in removing many health problems.