Sports Name: Sport is a physical activity, which has different names according to the methods of playing. Games are liked by almost everyone. It is a competitive activity governed by a variety of rules.
Sports are an essential part of our life. Sports play an important role in developing a healthy body and mind. There are many types of sports, which help in our physical as well as mental development.
Different Types of Sports Name Lists
|Sports Image||Sports Name|
|Tug of War|
List of Sports Names
- Billiards/ Pool
- Car Racing
- Horse Racing
- Ice Hockey
- Kick Boxing
- Rock Climbing
- Scuba Diving
- Sumo Wrestling
- Table Tennis
- Tug of War
Read this: Transport Name List
Different Types of Sports Names
- Hockey: The hockey game is played between two teams. There are 11 players on each team. It consists of one goalkeeper, four defenders, three midfielders, and three attackers. Hockey is the national game of India.
- Football: In football, there are 2 teams both play in opposition to each other. There are 11 players in each team. We can’t use our hands to play this game just use our feet to score the ball and if any team gets a goal So he gets 1 point and in the end, the team with the highest number of points wins the match.
- Cricket: A cricket match is played between two teams and 11 players from each team participate in it. One player from each team is the captain. If the Captain is absent, the Vice-Captain acts as Captain.
- Tennis: To play tennis, a racket, and a ball are required. In this game, the tennis racket is made of strong nylon strings and the ball is made of rubber. Tennis is played on a rectangular court. This court is exactly like a badminton court. In the tennis court, there is a net in the middle of the court, whose height is 3 feet 6 inches.
- Volleyball: In volleyball two teams play at a time and each team has 6 players representing their team. A net is tied between the two teams. Before the start of the game, a coin is tossed and the one who wins has the right to serve first.
- Javelin throw: The javelin throw is an Olympic sport. The javelin is made of wood with a pointed tip made of light metal so that it can be thrown for a long distance. The length of the javelin thrown in this game is 8 feet 2 inches. While the javelin throws men’s event is called decathlon, the women’s event is called heptathlon. These two are the same event. It is an outdoor sport.
- Boxing: Boxing is known to be a very aggressive sport (Sports Name). The rule of boxing is quite simple – in this game, the boxer tries to hit his opponent while dodging them. Boxers wear protective gloves to avoid injury and hitting an opponent below the belt or behind the head is prohibited in the game.
- Weightlifting: There are no teams in this game and each player has to perform alone. Players are divided into different categories according to their weight. Along with strength, skill also plays a role in this game.
- Rugby: Rugby is a team sport. The main goal of 15-15 players divided into each team is to defeat the opponent’s team. A match of a rugby game is of 80 minutes. Which is played in two halves of 40-40 minutes. In which an interval or free time of up to 15 minutes is given.
- Basketball: Basketball is one of the most popular and widely watched sports in the world. Basketball is a team sport and is played between two sides. The main objective in the game of basketball is to put the ball in the basket and in the meantime prevent the opposing team from doing so.