30 Examples of Can In a Sentence | Can Examples Sentences | Use of Can In English
Use of Can In English
“Can” is one of the most used Modal Verbs in English. Can is used to express power, possibility, or impossibility. It is also used to ask for permission or to grant permission.
“CAN” is used to express: –
- Possibility – It can rain tonight.
- Impossibility – He can’t speak English.
- Permission/Request – Can I use your towel?
- Power/Ability/Inability – I can lift 100 kg.
- Prohibition – You cannot enter the room.
30 Can Examples Sentences
1. You can rely on him.
2. Can you swim as fast as he?
3. Mary can speak five languages.
4. You can drive a car, can’t you?
5. She can speak English well.
6. You can always count on him.
7. Can you do it by evening?
8. Can I turn on the TV?
9. I can’t find my watch.
10. Can we talk in private?
11. You can not smoke here.
12. Can you meet me on Sunday?
13. I can’t drink anymore.
14. Can I call you after 10 p.m?
15. I can understand your feelings.
Read this: May Examples Sentences
16-30 Examples of Can In a Sentence
16. You can’t treat me like that.
17. Can you swim underwater?
18. I cannot reach there on time.
19. I can’t live without you.
20. I can’t afford a new house.
21. I can’t remember her name.
22. I can run 12 k.m continuously.
23. How can I get to the airport?
24. He can lend you some money.
25. Can you gift-wrap this, please?
26. I can walk to school in 10 minutes.
27. Can I pay the bill by credit card?
28. Can you see anything over there?
29. You can’t leave before 7 p.m.
30. You can’t come to school late.