Birds Name In English
A bird is an animal with wings, feathers, and two legs. There are many colorful and different types of birds found all over the world. There are more than 10000 different (English Bird Name) species of birds worldwide. Birds are of many sizes. The smallest bird is the hummingbird and the largest bird is the ostrich.
Here is a list of 50+ Birds Name in English with pictures for students
Birds are an essential part of the world. They’re common creatures found in almost every country. They’re also found in the oceans and seas. Birds are extremely important because they help our environment. They keep ecosystems healthy by eating harmful insects and spreading food around. Without birds, many plants and animals would die off due to tons of harmful insects.
Birds Name In English with Pictures
|Birds Image||Birds Name In English|
10/20/50 Birds Name In English
- Ibis Bird
- Sun Bird
Read This: Pet Animal Name
- Sparrows: Sparrows are loosely monogamous. Both the female and the male take care of the young, although the female does most of the brooding. Most house sparrows do not move more than a few kilometers during their lifetimes.
- Parrots: There are nearly 400 known species of Parrots. Most parrots live in tropical areas. Their beaks are short, strong, and curved. Parrots can (10 Birds Name) range in size from about 3.5 to 40 inches and weigh an average of 64 grams to 1.6 kilograms. The scientific name of parrots is Psittaciformes.
- Pigeon: Pigeons are highly sociable animals. They are usually seen in flocks of 20-30 birds. Pigeons are incredibly complex and intelligent birds. They can find their way back to the nest from 1300 miles away.
- Hoopoes: Hoopoes are colorful birds found across Africa, Asia, and Europe. It is the only living species in the family Upupidae. A hoopoe has a pinkish-brown/beige body with black and white striped wings.
- Peacocks: Peacocks mostly live near green fields and in forests. Peacock never builds its nest, it stays on the ground most of the time. Peacock birds are very attractive, their length is 1.5 to 2 feet. Only the male is called ‘Peacock’. The female is called ‘Peahen’. Both are collectively known as ‘Peafowl’.
- Bulbul: About 150 species of bulbul are found all over the world. The female bulbul lays around 5 eggs at a time. Bulbul birds eat fruits, seeds, and small insects. The size of the Bulbul bird is about 15 to 20 cm.
- Eagles: Eagles are large, powerfully built birds of prey, with heavy heads and beaks. Most of the 60 species of eagle are from Eurasia and Africa. Their grip is 10 times stronger than humans. They build their nest on top of high cliffs.
- Woodpecker: There are more than 200 known species of woodpecker in the world. Many species of woodpecker birds are found in Asia, Africa, Europe, and South America. Their size varies from 8 to 58 cm. This bird is not found in Australia and the polar regions.
- Crow: The scientific name of the crow is Corvus. There are more than 40 species of crows around the world. Crows are found all over the world except Antarctica. The average weight of crows can range from 500 grams to 2000 grams. Their average length can be from 40 to 80 cm.
- Toucans: Toucans are usually found in pairs or small flocks. Toucans birds can live up to 20 years. Toucans are mostly found in tropical forests in Central America, the Caribbean, and South America.
10 Lines on Birds
- We see many birds around us.
- Birds have wings and feathers.
- Birds have beaks and claws.
- They use their beak to eat.
- Birds live in nests.
- They make their nest on the tree.
- They eat grains, fruits, and insects.
- They can be domestic or wild.
- Most birds can fly in the sky.
- Female birds lay eggs on their nests.