A verb is a word that expresses an action or a state of being. Every sentence must have a verb.
- Action – eat, walk, sleep, run, read, etc.
- State of being – exist, stand, etc.
20 Examples of Verb in Sentences
- The Prime minister leaves for China tomorrow.
- He always reaches his office before 8 am.
- We are leaving after finishing our meal.
- She seems happier than usual.
- Cats run faster than dogs.
- The polls will close in an hour.
- The child is sleeping on the bed.
- At 8 o’clock, I was eating dinner.
- She is going to do laundry.
- I am waiting for you outside the library.
- She was charged with credit card fraud.
- The teacher is teaching mathematics.
- My brother gets up early every morning.
- The ballerina danced gracefully on the stage.
- She always wears a locket around her neck.
- Your father is standing at the door.
- My friend bought a new car yesterday.
- I saw her two weeks ago in the park.
- I washed my feet before I went to bed.
- She cut her finger when she was cooking.
Identify the verb
- Bob listens to his favorite song.
- John hit the ball over the wall.
- My dog barks at Amy’s friends.
- Nancy solved the puzzle easily.
- He crossed the road by himself.
- I drink a glass of milk everyday.
- The roof of the library is leaking.
- Sarah is hiding behind the tree.
- My dad bought me a video game.
- The police arrested the bank robber.
Answer: 1- listens, 2- hit, 3- barks, 4- solved, 5- crossed, 6- drink, 7- leaking, 8- hiding, 9- bought, 10- arrested.