What is an Interjection (!)
An interjection is a short word or phrase that shows sudden feeling or emotion. Interjections are frequently followed by an exclamation mark (!), which itself is used to express emotion.
Examples: Bravo, Hurray, Hi, Alas, Hey, Yippee, Oops, Wow, Yeah, Yay, Ow, Ew, Alas, Yuck.
Read This: What is a proper noun with examples?
Examples of Interjection
- Hurray! It’s time to go home.
- Bravo! you have done well.
- Hi! How are you?
- Hello! Is there anybody home?
- Hey, come and look at this!
- Alas, it’s not that simple.
- Yay ! I’ve finished my exam!
- Ah, what a lovely baby!
- Yeah, you need a break.
- Wow! That’s totally awesome!
- Oops! I hit the wrong button.
- Ew! It’s so dirty.
- No school for four weeks – yippee!
- Ow! you’re standing on my foot!
- Um! I want something to drink.
- Yuck! There’s a hair in my soup.
- Aww! Look at the baby, it’s so cute.
- Shoo, all of you, I’m busy!
- Psst, what’s the time?
- Brr! It’s so cold.
- Eh? She’s got how many children?
- Huh? What did you say?
- Arhh, Just keep quit!
- Shh. Please don’t interrupt, Amy.
- Ouch! It really hurts.
- Tut – tut, the boy’s late again!