What are Gerunds
A gerund is an “ING form of a verb” (progressive form) that acts as a noun or object in sentences. Learn to use gerunds in sentences with the help of examples.
Examples of Gerunds
- He was afraid of hurting my feelings.
- Going to parties is fun.
- I enjoy eating baklava for dessert.
- Rohan is considering buying a new car.
- I never enjoy reading sophisticated novels.
- Reading and writing are two different skills.
- He never tires of watching movies.
- She’s crazy about dancing.
- What about going to a movie?
- I’m not very good at painting.
- Snowboarding is a really fun sport.
- I’m still trying to quit smoking.
- You really shine at playing football.
- I enjoy shopping with my mother.
- They secretly left without paying the bill.
- Driving without a license is an offense.
- He entered without knocking at the door.
- I don’t feel like doing anything today.
- Smoking is not allowed in the premises.
- We arrived in Mumbai after driving all night.