Whenever it comes to the independence of the country, the name Gandhiji comes first to our mind. The arrival of Gandhiji after the revolt of 1857 brought a new change in our freedom struggle. Gandhiji made an unprecedented contribution to the country’s independence by following the path of non-violence. Gandhiji was a great hero in the freedom of the country.
10 Lines on Mahatma Gandhi
- Gandhiji’s real name is Mohandas Karamchand Gandhi.
- He was born on 2 October 1869 in Porbandar, Gujrat.
- His father’s name was Karamchand Gandhi.
- His mother’s name was Putlibai.
- He completed his law studies from London.
- He is also known as the Father of the Nation in India.
- He was a great political and social reformer.
- He led Quit India (Bharat Chhodo) moment in 1942.
- He has an important contribution in the independence of India.
- He did many movements for the independence of India.
- People affectionately call Gandhiji as Bapu.